The High Sheriff and Merseyside Police Fund is administered by the Community Foundation for Merseyside.
About the Community Foundation for Merseyside
The Community Foundation for Merseyside, a registered charity no. 1068887, is for donors, for communities and for Merseyside. We facilitate and administer charitable giving and philanthropy on behalf of donors and we currently manage over 50 funds on behalf of individuals, families, businesses and other trusts and foundations and statutory bodies. We distribute charitable funds and donations on their behalf to individuals in need, to charities, community organisations, resident groups, ensuring funds are used for maximum local impact. Donors can see the difference their funding makes to help their communities prosper and thrive. Over the past 15 years our funds have grown to over £10million. The total invested by donors via the Community Foundation into Lancashire & Merseyside communities is almost £45million to over 9000 individuals, groups and charities.
We are part of the UK Community Foundations network and can offer the highest standards of community philanthropy advice, donor care, grant making and governance. Donors choose to work with us to facilitate their philanthropy because;
- We understand and support our donors charitable and philanthropic aims
- We are efficient and cost-effective
- We are reliable, well established and reputable
- We provide feedback and monition and evaluate the impact donors are making in the community
Across Merseyside the case for supporting local communities has never been stronger, as identified in Merseyside’s recent Vital Signs Report, 2014 – www.msidevitalsigns.co.uk. Anyone can become a philanthropist through the Community Foundation for Merseyside and tackle social issues and support community aspirations across a spectrum of themes from children, young people, families and older people to health & well-being, isolation and employment opportunities. We are delighted to work with the High Sheriff and Merseyside Police Fund:
- To promote a safer and increased quality of life through the prevention of crime and the protection of people and property from criminal acts for the benefit of the public in and around Merseyside.
- To secure the advancement of education for the public benefit in all matters relating to community safety.
- To increase provision of diversionary activities and facilities that target young people to reduce crime and anti social behaviour.
For further information and to find out more about the work of the Community Foundation contact:
Karen Morris, Community Philanthropy Director
T: 0151 232 2414